Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"I saved $700" or "Dog Esophagus"

I raced home from taekwondo tonight (ask Rick about the FOOTPRINT upside his head!!!), went to make dinner in record time (Footprinthead doesn't like to eat late.), and feeling pretty great about class tonight, my lack of back pain in association with class tonight, and just generally, a good evening. *Smiling*



On deck for dinner: Grilled chicken for the guys and delicious soy crumbles for me. Made Tangerine Balsamic grilled onions and was slicing an avocado. I dropped the pit on the floor when, faster than a 9 year-old Labrador should ever move, Rex moved in and promptly Hoovered it up. Having had a $300 swallowed rock (yes, rock) experience with sweet Rex in the past, I pounced on him like Little Dre on the Mean-Chinese-Kung-Fu-Guys. (Please see Karate Kid for cultural reference. LOVED it!) He refused to give up his prize. Next, I reached three-quarters of the way down to his greedy dog stomach and hooked out the pit. Gross? Yes. (But not as gross as chicken, frankly.) Apparantly fine, he went about his business happily snuffling up crumbs from the kitchen floor.



The way I see it, I saved $300-$700 dollars in vet bills by horking out the pit myself. Glass half-full? You bet! Zappos, anyone?



just Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment