Sunday, August 28, 2011

Beach Day musings

Just a few thoughts and observations from an AWESOME time at the beach with Rick.


  • LARGE fat man in a Speedo: Never ok. Never, ever, ever ok. Like a car accident, I just couldn't look away. I need soap for my eyes.

  • Group of "serious" cyclists in their cycling costumes for half a mile down PCH. Right in the midde of them: 2 dudes with swim trunks on beach cruisers drinking something out of red Solo beer pong cups. Awesome.

  • You might be a redneck if: You have a giant FREEBIRD tattoo spanning your entire back. (Jeff Foxworthy, you may use this.)

  • We brought chairs this time, but no umbrella. Rookies. But we are learning.

  • Rick and I had a rock skipping contest. He won by a huge margin. I did, however find a sparkly rock in the perfect shape of a heart. :)

  • 6 little Asian children getting LUNCHED on their Boogie Boards. Almost like "Wipeout, the Reality Show."

  • Spandex is only for skinny people.

Great day! Had the best time laughing with my BEST friend!


just Dawn






1 comment:

  1. Nothing new here for a while! But I'm guilty of not looking. However, I'll amend it; it isn't just fat men who should avoid speedos. A LOT of us should avoid them.

    ReplyDelete